Ushering in a New Era of Personalized Process Manufacturing Science
We’re in a new era of personalization and Panacea Biomatx is defining the world of personalized products. Through our formulations and robotic automation, we are breaking down the “one size fits all” barriers that limit the formulation, manufacturing, and delivery of personalized foods, beverages, nutrition and other products.
The personalization revolution is built on a foundation of on-demand formulation, which enables B2B stakeholders, such as food and beverage manufacturers, integrated delivery partners, and nutritional ingredient manufacturers to provide personalized poly therapies and nutrition products to high volume populations – fast, safely, accurately, and efficiently – with enhanced CGMP compliance and without the need for costly in-house infrastructure and associated overhead.
A Revolution in Safer, Scalable Therapy
Formulation With over 100 years of combined expertise in specialty medications and pharmacies, cloud computing, and robotics technologies, Panacea has started a revolution in next generation precision dosing and delivery. We are focused on automating production of personalized products under CGMP manufacturing standards.
Through our innovative cloud-based, robot-automated, high-throughput system, Panacea quickly develops individual formulations using high- quality ingredients based on an individual’s personal clinical and genomic profile for safer, more effective personalized products.
The Panacea platform scales to serve as a full-featured formulation solution or an extension of your existing facility and helps you meet the needs of even your largest customer segments – anytime, anywhere – with the ability to deliver right ingredients, right dose and right combination, every time.
Panacea is Poly Therapy, Simplified
Simplify your consumers’ personalized formulations and nutrition regimens with a “pill free” solution.
Using Panacea as an extension of your facility, you can help consumers replace their high pill burden and associated adherence challenges. Panacea is the world’s only formulation platform that uses a proprietary technology to transform multiple pills into a single packet of great-tasting, easy-to-swallow fruit puree customized to your macro nutrient needs. It’s the essential platform for the delivery of personalized products for nutrition, food, beverage and other process manufacturing industries.
Panacea Biomatx was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.
Panacea compounds formulations in our CGMP certified facility in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.
The minds behind some of the world’s most renowned specialty medications and pharmacies, cloud computing, and robotics technologies are the ones you’ll discover at the heart of Panacea Biomatx.
For years, we’ve been at the forefront of precision and personalized healthcare: how it’s developed, how it’s formulated, and how to build systems to get the right therapy, in the right dose, to the right individual – right now.
Chief Executive Officer & Co-Founder
Formerly Senior Director at iRobot Corp, and founder of five technology companies with three successful exits and two IPOs. Holds 25+ patents and has developed and installed high-speed automation for dozens of Fortune 500 companies. Federal level patent expert witness trial experience. Morehead Scholar UNC, Duke (MBA), Oxford –UK (Engineering Sciences)
L. Staton Noel III,
Chief Science Officer & Co-Founder
As Co-founder and CSO, Staton uses his 25 years of experience in biotechnology and pharmaceutical research to help create products for an individual’s health and wellness needs. Staton holds a BS in Biochemistry, MS in Gerontology, and an MBA, and has authored multiple peer-reviewed scientific papers. As a molecular pharmacologist at GlaxoSmithKline, Staton developed both a broad technical expertise and therapeutic expertise while leading multiple drug discovery projects. In addition, Staton spent five years as Director of the Office of Innovation Commercialization at UNC-Greensboro managing and licensing intellectual property, and negotiating complex interinstitutional agreements.
Danny Barnes, Pharm.D., RPh,
Chief Pharmacy Officer
Danny brings nearly 20 years of developing personalized medications and leadership to the Panacea team. As the founder, as well as a compounding pharmacist of Triangle Compounding Pharmacy (TCP), Danny has developed significant personalized medication formulation expertise. He led the team at TCP to become one of the top compounding pharmacies in the U.S., specializing in making customized medications and high-risk sterile medications. Triangle Compounding Pharmacy was the first compounding pharmacy in North Carolina to meet national standards and win accreditation from the Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board (PCAB). Triangle Compounding Pharmacy was also the first compounding pharmacy to register as a Human Drug Outsourcing Facility (503B) to help physicians and hospitals meet critical consumer needs by compounding crucial medications during drug shortages. Triangle Compounding Pharmacy prepares clinical trial material for Phase I and Phase II trials for research universities and start-up companies. Danny received his Pharm.D. from Campbell University in 2000.
Vice President of Regulatory Affairs
As VP of Regulatory Affairs, Andy is a seasoned executive with over 30 years in the life sciences industry. He is skilled in Clinical Research, Clinical Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs (pre and post), Real World Evidence (RWE), GxP, Quality Assurance, Pharmaceutical Microbiology, Quality Control, and Clinical Microbiology. Andy has deep credibility and established relationships with FDA, EMA, MHRA, MHLW, TGA, JCAHO, CAP and other international health authorities. He has a history of building strong organizations focused on ethical behavior, hard work, and delivering results. Andy has a Master’s in Molecular Science from Drexel University College of Medicine, and a bachelors degree in cell science and microbiology from NC State.
Vice President, Finance
As Vice President of Finance and Treasurer, Ray utilizes his 30 years of financial experience to guide the company in relation to its cash management, contract negotiation, and various procurement needs, as well as its Human Resource functions. Ray holds a BBA in Accounting from the University of Notre Dame and a MBA from Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business. Ray also is a North Carolina Certified Public Accountant and a Certified Management Accountant. He has spent time in the pharmaceutical industry at Glaxo Inc. and at the leading liquid handling robotics vendor, Tecan US, Inc., where he was responsible for all of the finance activity for the Americas.
Board of Directors
Edison Thurman Hudson, Jr.
Chief Executive Officer & Co-Founder Panacea Biomatx
Lloyd Staton Noel III
Chief Science Officer & Co-Founder Panacea Bioamatx
Chairman, BioMarck Pharmaceuticals
CEO, O2 Fitness and MDO Ventures
President of Triangle Compounding Pharmacy
Executive General Manager (Corporate Advisory) at Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing
A diverse group of experienced healthcare executives serve on the Panacea Biomatx Advisory Board.
- David Beno, PhD., recently retired from the Abbott Laboratories, where he last was on their New Ventures team with responsibility for commercializing a wide range of high value consumer focused health products. He will advise on how to address the personalized clinical nutrition marketplace and other consumer products group partnerships.
- Christopher Holley MD PhD, Assistant Professor at Duke University School of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Director, Cardiovascular RNA Biology Group Duke Cardiovascular Research Dr. Holley’s expertise in cardiology provides both a clinical and research perspective.
- Michael Jay, PhD., Is the Eshelman Distinguished Professor, UNC School of Pharmacy, Chair of Molecular Pharmaceutics. He has lead our Scientific Advisory group and advised on formulation processes and regulatory issues. His graduate team has conducted experiments and performed technical evaluations for the Company. He has filed several joint grant applications with the Company over the past two years, following up his own ideas that parallel Panaceutics concepts.
- Rick Lawless, MBA, CPIP, a biotech and pharmaceutical expert with the North Carolina State Biomanufacturing Training and Education Center brings expertise in GMP manufacturing, quality systems, facility design, and his deep regulatory science background is part of the value advise he has given for several years, helping the Company implement its cGMP processes.
- Joe McMahon, formerly CEO of KBI Pharmaceuticals, brings deep understanding of cGMP contract manufacturing, formulation and quality testing. He is assisting to develop a transformational plan for the Company’s 503B and 503A pharmacy facilities, products, and services, and on business strategy for pharmaceutical based.
- Cam Patterson, MD, Chief Operating Officer at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, Cardiologist.
Panacea in the Community
Light The Night - Lake Eola Walk
Going Pink - Breast Cancer Support
IO 5K Run
6 Davis Drive, Suite 110
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
PO Box 110263
Research Triangle Park